. . . of the nature of the Bush Administration, this video provides all you need:
By way of background, then-Attorney General John Ashcroft was extremely ill and in the hospital, so much so that his wife had barred any visitors. James Comey, then No. 2 at the Justice Department, was the acting Attorney General due to Ashcroft's illness.
Comey informed the White House that he would not be reauthorizing the warrantless wiretapping program the White House had maintained for a period of time, based on his belief that the program was illegal. The White House, not liking that answer, took the actions Comey describes in this video, through Alberto Gonzales (then White House Counsel) and Andrew Card (Chief of Staff).
Please watch it. Then, read this excellent editorial by the Washington Post.
16 May 2007
If you needed any further evidence . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Nothing surprises me about this bunch of thugs. I'm appalled daily by their high handed actions.
I think I might be ill after listening to that and reading the editorial.
I think people are mostly numb to the Bush Criminal Enterprise by now. It's almost unbelievable at this point.
Post a Comment