20 July 2007

Contented

The last three days have been a whirlwind. I spent two of them in San Antonio on business that included several very intense meetings. However, I stayed with friends there and had a lovely evening with them and their kiddos. Arrived home last night, to complete preparations for today. "Today" entailed a 6:00 a.m. visit to the office and a 7:30 a.m. flight to Lubbock, followed by a day's worth of deposition, from which I just returned.

Typically, this would leave me feeling exhausted and worrying about what awaits me at the office. But I feel calm, on top of it and satisfied that I have done solid work for my clients over the last three days. And while doing that, I have somehow touched base with the humanity I have felt was lacking.

As I'm fond of saying, these are baby steps . . . but important ones!

3 comments:

jd said...

Glad things are going well. I'm headed to San Antonio this week. Lovely city. As for Lubbock, not so lovely. People are very nice and down-to-earth there, though. Have an enjoyable weekend. Go take a Lisa day.

steve said...

As jd said, it's good to hear things are going well. Keep up the positive vibes.

Kell said...

Baby steps are the way to go. Good luck with future ones. Glad things are going better.

My hubby's going to San Antonio next week. I wasn't invited :( Of course, he is going to spend all his time in a conference, but still.