14 July 2007

Cool video.

This video explains the anatomy of a home run, from a physics perspective:



Via Susan at "Kiss My Big Blue Butt," a lady in the true style of Ann Richards, Molly Ivins and those who love them.

2 comments:

Marsosudiro said...

When I was a kid, I read an essay (by Reggie Jackson, I think; in Boys Life magazine, I think) whose title (or opening sentence) was "A Home Run is Actually an Error/Mistake".

The gist of the essay was that a home run is a lot closer to a fly ball out than it is to something more dependably useful, like a single.

As a kid, I couldn't really decide whether I thought the essay was: paradoxical, self-contradictory, or just plain incomprehensible. But the message of "what everyone thinks is the best way to success might not be the best/only way to success" did stick.

Jay said...

I love the name of that site.

Speaking of baseball, the Cubs may never lose again. And Mark Cuban is going to make a big to buy them. The great Cub dynasty that everyone has always waited on is about to happen.

Maybe.