20 April 2008

My favorite movies set in Chicago

I played Chicago tour guide recently and am planning to do it again in early August. This makes me think about all the Chicago places I love and, in turn, all the Chicago-set movies I love.

Here are my top five movies set in Chicago:

  1. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  2. About Last Night
  3. Kissing a Fool
  4. The Blues Brothers
  5. High Fidelity
Honorable Mention:
  1. Adventures in Babysitting
  2. The Breakup
Check them out, then visit my wonderful city!

3 comments:

Jay said...

I want you to be my Chicago tour guide someday too!

Blues Brothers #1!!!

And I would add "Running Scared" with Billy Chrystal and Gregory Hines.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0091875/

Marsosudiro said...

The Blues Brothers? Sh*t, they still owe you money!

I would nominate Glengarry Glen Ross for special mention. The play and film are set in Chicago, though the film was shot in New York.

Jenn said...

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a great movie for showing off the city of Chicago. I would love it if more of the movies shot in Pittsburgh actually used the city as part of the set. The last really good one was Wonder Boys.