02 August 2005

Being kind to oneself.

I still feel a bit paralyzed and skittish, but some nice things happened today. First, I was comforted by the kind words of readers who do not know me personally, but certainly knew what I needed to hear after last night's "Valley of Despair" post. Not only that, they were nice enough to take the time to share it with me. I need to show myself as much kindness as you have, I realize.

Also, I learned today at work of a really big win that I obtained for a client. Ironically, it is in the case that took me to Oklahoma City for a week earlier this year, where I was so miserable that I finally decided to change my life in a major way with respect to work and where I live. I am proud of my accomplishment and my client and colleagues are delighted with it as well. The win does not affect my desire to reach for something different and more fulfilling, but it does help fend off the self-doubt that has been gnawing at me so badly in recent days.

That's all for now . . . going to bed early as the first step in the new "Do Not Sabotage Thyself" plan.

0 comments: