12 December 2006

Business trip.

Yesterday, I travelled to Lubbock, Texas, for a business trip. For those of you not familiar with Texas, Lubbock is in West Texas, out on the plains, and is a less showy, less cosmopolitan, cousin of Dallas. I flew out there on a small plane and giggled to myself when I first saw two of my fellow passengers. I often see men (and sometimes women) on my flights who are wearing logo shirts or other indicia of the company for which they work, while heading off to wherever they are conducting business. But these two passengers seemed particularly suited for a trip to Lubbock. The two men stepped on the plane just before the doors closed. They joked around with the flight attendant as if they frequently take this flight, calling her "little lady." The men were older, and wore business logo shirts. One wore wide-wale corduroy pants. Their business? A beef jerky business.

Okay, maybe only I found it cute that guys from a beef jerky business were flying out to Lubbock.

3 comments:

jd said...

Ah Lubbock. I've been there more times than I like to admit. The flight is always interesting. You say you were there for a business trip, but we all know you were there to watch some Texas highschool football playoffs :)

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Lubbock but when I was a kid my dad went there. He combined some business with attending the UofA/TTech football game. The game kicked off late in the afternoon. Dad said the wind blew so hard he could barely stand it. At halftime one of the locals look up at the sky, turned to dad and said "When that sun sets the wind is going to become a factor".

Lisa said...

Okay, JD, you busted me! :)

Jay, that's a great story. I think I would have liked your dad.