No, not with a boy, silly . . . exactly when and where would I meet one of those? No, I'm in love with working on civil rights stuff! Traditionally, I have been a very talented shirker of responsibility--dabbling in various charitable organizations, moving at glacier speed when it comes to fixing up my home, avoiding payment of traffic fines until they can no longer be avoided . . . you get the picture. But I've met my match now, in the form of an all-consuming passion to work, work, work on this thing I care about. Meetings are scheduled and attended, plans are made and carried out, tasks not yet attended to by others are taken into my own hands and accomplished when it becomes necessary. I don't recognize myself.
But I do recognize, for the first time since probably my first year of law school, the sweetness of finding work that perfectly aligns with your values and wishes and skills, and doing it. I wish this kind of joy on everyone. If you don't have it, please keep looking!
08 December 2006
I'm in love!
Posted by Lisa at 12:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are so fortunate to be able to do what you love. So many people search their whole lives for just such an opportunity. Congratulations!
That's wonderful. You're setting yourself up for a wonderful new year. You give me hope that it's never too late to find your bliss.
Post a Comment