No Christmas tree, because my house isn't fixed up yet, and I hate to go to all the trouble of procuring a tree, putting it up, decorating it, then taking it down and repacking all of my ornaments, when no one but me will see it (but I secretly miss having a beautifully lit tree).
There was a feeble attempt to add outdoor lights, but I didn't buy enough, so there are lights strung halfway across the front of my house. I meant to go back and buy more, but haven't had the chance to do it. Because the lights are strung along the half of my upstairs porch that I can see from my bedroom, I haven't been in a hurry to finish the job. They sure do look pretty, though! I'm considering leaving them up year round.
I created my own holiday card with photos I took and ordered nearly a million copies. The cards turned out beautifully, but now I can't find my card list, so I may be giving the same card for the next seven years. I tried to copy the card and post it here to wish you all happy holidays, but Kodak seems to have cleverly found a way to prevent me from copying it in such a way that I can post it here. I'll keep working on it . . .
In the meantime, I thought you might enjoy this wonderful video of Matt Damon's impression of Matthew McConnaughy (sp?):
12 December 2006
The holidays, Lisa Style
Posted by Lisa at 10:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You could always buy a pre-lit tree and some really nice ornaments and decorate it. Then after Christmas simply put the tree in a closet or in the garage with a cover over it. Then next year on the day after Thanksgiving pull the cover (by cover I mean big garbage bag) off of it and place it in the house again. There, you would only have to decorate it once.
Matt Damon is proving to be a pretty good actor and he's actually pretty funny in interviews.
Who knew Matt Damon was funny? Of course, I haven't seen much of him, except in "Good Will Hunting", which I hated.
That video's hilarious. He does an excellent Matthew McCona...I don't know how to spell his name...that guy with the great six pack abs and that wonderful, sexy southern drawl. Can't help it, I love the southern accent. But that was really funny. And I am a Matt Damon fan.
I'm with Jay--pre-lit tree. We knew a lady who kept her tree on wheels in a closet, so every year, she'd just wheel it out already decorated.
This is a Betty/Kell/Jay Family trifecta--awesome! :)
Jay: I have considered the pre-decorated tree, but have some old ornaments I really love and wouldn't want anything to happen to them. The pre-lit tree has some appeal, though, I may have to check it out!
Betty, this is heresy . . . not liking "Good Will Hunting"? :)
Kell: I liked McConnaghy (sp?) a lot more before he entered his strange/not showering phase. Given how much time I spend with him in person, you wouldn't think it would affect my ardor for him, but it does.
Post a Comment