17 December 2006

It was 76 degrees in Dallas today . . .

and I spent a good bit of time just cruising around with the top down on my car. The air felt like silk. I wish the weather could always be like this. Just when I was about to forget what time of year it is, I saw a Santa sitting in his Ford Explorer, adjusting his hat.

Also on my agenda for today was choosing a new color for the outside of my house. This isn't my house, but it's the color scheme I'm considering--what I think of as a spicy brown color, with a deep blue-purple color for the shutters:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On the second floor, there is a porch that runs the width of the house, and its rails will be painted the oyster color that you see on this house. I still have to try out my samples on the back of the house to see how they look in real life, but I think I'm going to like it.

I also finished my personal holiday cards this weekend. This was a first for me, but I drafted a "holiday letter" to include in my cards to give an actual update that I never would have had time to write by hand in every card. I tried not to agonize over it too much, hoping that those who receive it know me well enough not to hold it against me. Still, I am nervous about it.

UPDATE: Thanks so much for the comments, guys! Finding the affirmation I needed, I have now deleted the letter so anyone receiving it won't read it here first! Though I did decide not to include the letter in the cards of people I talk to often, for whom none of this would be news.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent - you start off with the fluffy pet update, then balance it out with the truly good stuff at the end. Looks good to me.

Anonymous said...

Excellent letter Lisa. You did a good job of hitting all the hilights. The letter was very positive too!

Kell said...

I love the colors of that house. I think that shade of brown is so pretty--it's elegant but casual. If there is such a thing.

Anonymous said...

I will look for the letter in the mail, I will. Merry Christmas!