06 December 2006

In a fog . . .

Sorry for the lack of posts . . . I have been in a weird place lately and haven't been able to look past that to come up with something to write about. I believe the fog was caused by my misplacing the meds I wrote about not too long ago. At first, I thought I would see if I was "better now" and could do without them. I quickly found this was not the case. I just found them again yesterday, but I'm sure it will take a few days for them to work their way back into my system. In the meantime, I feel a bit stunned to learn what a difference those meds make in my life . . . it's humbling.

On the bright side, I've done a fair amount of my holiday shopping early, a rarity for me. I have also dug out from my Netflix hole--I had had the same 3 DVDs for months and finally gave up on two of them and sent them back. I watched the third DVD, which was the first in the West Wing series. I had seen episodes of this series from time to time, but it never stuck because I was seeing them without any context or history. But now I'm hooked! I should receive the next two DVDs in the series today and I can't wait!

The new year is fast approaching and I have already begun my review of which of my goals I accomplished (and which I didn't). For the first time in a long time, I am stunned by the number of things I have accomplished! I'll write more about the specifics later . . .

. . . in the meantime, I need to make a decision about what to do for Christmas. I'm having a hard time working up the gumption to go home, but the thought of not going anywhere at all for the holidays is a difficult one to swallow. I am considering hopping down to New Orleans, but have to avoid the Bowl Game traffic, as they are hosting college football bowl games on December 22nd and January 3rd. But if I spent just the 23rd through 25th in town, I could do quite a bit of exploring and it's an easy flight from Dallas. I could even use a free round trip I have on Southwest Airlines. I'll keep pondering . . .

Gotta go now--more later. Have a great day, all!

This is another of my Paris pics. I didn't realize it when I took this photo, but I believe there is an interesting juxtaposition in the relative femininity of the woman in the sculpture and the live woman looking at the painting. What do you think?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 comments:

Kell said...

Just keep taking the meds and don't worry about being "better now." I did that, too, but really, I'm better when I'm on the medication.

That's great that you actually set goals for yourself and accomplish them! You're inspirational. Can't wait for the post on how you've done it.

jd said...

My suggestion would be to not pursue the New Orleans trip. While the city is functioning and the restaurants are open, public services are extremely slow. I wouldn't want to wander the streets of the French Quarter a day or two after a bowl game because they will be trashed and it will take weeks for the city to get around to cleaning it up.

In the dozen or so times I visited New Orleans prior to Katrina, I always noted how clean they kept the French Quarter, even during Mardi Gras. Those days seem to be gone.

Lisa said...

Thanks, Kell . . . I think I just need to chalk the meds up to being a necessary thing. If I could inspire anyone, even for a moment, that would be the biggest thrill ever.

JD, I appreciate the advice. I was starting to lean that way anyway, thinking a visit another time would be better. I'm inclined to either stay here or go back home for a quick visit.