01 January 2007

Travel planning fun!

I hope you all enjoyed a safe and responsible New Year's Eve!

Now that I have enjoyed several consecutive non-travel weeks (unless you count my day trip to Lubbock), I admit to be experiencing a bit of a travel itch. So yesterday I mapped out some actual and potential trips for 2007. They are as follows:

  • Late January/early February: pleasure trip, Hawaii (actual)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • February: business trip, Nashville (actual)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Late May: pleasure trip, see Cubs play Dodgers in LA on Memorial Day weekend (potential)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Late August/early September: pleasure trip, drive through Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine--I realized after studying travel books this afternoon that these three states were the most I could hope to reasonably see in a 10-day period, and even that is pushing it (potential)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

  • Oops--almost forgot--Late September: business trip to Kansas City, then see friends for fun in Boonville, MO (actual)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm sure that somewhere in there will be a trip or two home to Chicago. What do you plan to see in 2007?

5 comments:

Jay said...

Lets see. I'm planning a late spring trip to the Monterey Peninsula to relax along the spectacular central California coast.

Then 10 days in London.

Then 10 days in Pris.

Then 10 days visiting my good friend in the Netherlands for next Christmas.

Ok, so actually I will go shopping in Branson MO a couple of times. I'll go to the Clinton Library again in Little Rock and I'll go visit my sister in Omaha.

But, a guy can dream can't he? haha

Anonymous said...

Heading off to Philly a bit. Maybe New Mexico, Connecticut, Cleveland, Denver. . . We'll see. Buy you a beer in Chicago.

Jenn said...

Lisa, you will love Hawaii. My grandparents retired there 25 years ago and my grandfather says the only way he is leaving the island of Oahu is in a coffin.

Right now travel plans are not firmly fixed. A week in the Poconos in February/March (maybe), another trip to Paris in July while J is in Las Vegas (if I can save up enough money to pay for the trip by March).

I would like to go back to Toronto for a weekend, but I have to conjure a cultural reason for the visit. I don't think J is going to bite on just going to see the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Kell said...

Hey! KC is only a few hours from me! Hmmmmm. Maybe dinner at Lidia's Italian restaurant?

Sounds like a busy year. Us too, and I can wait to get started.

steve said...

I'll be in Belize next month, but the rest of the year is still up for grabs.

If you can swing a night game for your LA trip, I think you'll really dig Dodger Stadium after dark. It's a great place to see a game.