20 May 2007

Nesting

I spent much of the weekend doing things to tidy and beautify my house. My motivation was probably a combination of the impending "housekeeper visit day," the fact that I'm actually going to be in town for the next several weekends and my friend M's visit next week. Most of my work was putting away clothes and unpacking my suitcase from last week's NYC trip, other cleaning tasks and purchasing flowers and plants for my front porch and upstairs porch. Here are some pics of the flower purchases:



The red rose in the last pic was a gift from Mariolys, my favorite seller of cut flowers at the Farmer's Market. I hadn't seen her in a while and she was sweet enough to give me this beautiful flower.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house looks great. I especially love the porch, which looks like a great setting in which to compose beautiful prose on your blog. :)

Jenn said...

I. Want. Your. House. So beautiful!

Jay said...

I'm seriously in love with your house Lisa.

Lisa said...

Thanks, all, you are so sweet! I feel that in the spirit of fairness, I must post a slideshow of all of the most embarrassing parts of my house that I am unwilling to show anyone.