In my beloved Franklin planner binder (I rotate them, like shoes or purses), there is a zippered pocket that holds all of my tickets for the year. Tickets will be added from time to time, and of course tickets leave the pocket as they are called into use. Some tickets are singles; others are in twos or threes. But the tickets found in there at any given time provide a glimpse into how I will be spending my free time:
May 13, 2007 Talk Radio, at the Longacre Theatre in New York City
May 14, 2007 Cubs v. Mets, at Shea Stadium
June 1, 2007 Madame Butterfly, at Bass Hall in Fort Worth, Texas
June 19, 2007 Cubs v. Rangers, at the Ballpark in Arlington, Texas
June 20, 2007 Cubs v. Rangers, at the Ballpark in Arlington, Texas
June 21, 2007 Cubs v. Rangers, at the Ballpark in Arlington, Texas
August 6, 2007 Cubs v. Astros, at Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
August 31, 2007 N.H. Fisher Cats v. Trenton Thunder, at Merchantsauto.com Stadium, Nashua, New Hampshire
Oh, and that reminds me that I need to plan a few things to do in New York next weekend (I will be there for four days). I don't like for my time to be too planned, but if I don't have some sort of "to do" list, I end up going to all of my old favorite haunts and not seeing anything new. So here are a few of the things I want to see/do on this trip to New York:
See college roommate Lori
In Brooklyn, Coney Island and Prospect Park
See a play (ticket listed above)
Have a bite and a drink at this place
Photograph at the Cloisters
Visit this movie theatre to catch a showing of Paris Je T'Aime
See the Cubs play the Mets (ticket listed above)
Meet up for a drink with this man
See the Steve Pyke exhibit at Flowers Gallery
Oh, and I am researching how to photograph with a wide-angle lens. I have a new one and am worried I will come back with a slew of unusable photos, as my telephoto lens is in the shop after the terrible accident it experienced in Chicago.
What plans are you looking forward to, my friends?
06 May 2007
What tickets are in my planner?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like you're going to have a great time in NYC!
doesn't surprise me to see all those baseball tickets. And Madam Butterfly! That'll be great.
Our big plan is for Italy (leaving Saturday!) but as far as tickets, the only thing I'm planning is to see Mandy Patinkin in concert here in December. I love him. He's a little odd (I've seen him before) but I still love him.
Cool, you are going to a Cub's game on my birthday! I was hoping for a Pirates day game, but they are out of town.
Have a great time in NYC!
Wednesday - They Might Be Giants at Mr. Small's Theatre.
Saturday - J is planning a day out for the two of us. I told him to surprise me, so I have no idea what he will come up with.
June 21 - My birthday, paid holiday! No tickets...yet.
July 1 - 15: Paris =)
Winter 2007/2008: Hockey Tickets.
Kell - Mandy Patinkin? I love him. He has an amazing voice.
Post a Comment