I am writing from an internet café just a stone's throw from the Sorbonne. I did not plan to post from here, but found myself feeling a bit out of sorts this afternoon ... not upset, merely aimless ... and thought it might help to write.
I have seen some beautiful things and taken some beautiful photos and even met some nice people. Le Grande Colbèrt, a restaurant you may recall from the movie Something's Gotta Give, is truly wonderful. I will remember its maitre d' and doorman against the background of the red velvet drapes that frame the entrance, forever. One of my favorite experiences thus far was photographing people in the Luxembourg Gardens. Best meal so far: crèpes, at a charming café.
I will now plunge back into the wonderful world of Paris ... looking forward to the opéra tonight and planning to forge through my mysterious feeling of indecisiveness. Anne Lamott's book titled, Bird By Bird, is wonderful ... about a million people have recommended it to me, and I am glad to have it to read here during restful moments. My French is halting but serviceable ... it seems to come most rapidly when I am drinking wine.
26 December 2005
Bonjour from Paris
Posted by Lisa at 4:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Did you visit L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon? Just 98 euros, it's a bargain! You'll find out what potato puree IS ALL ABOUT! :-)
http://www.dininginfrance.com/l'atelier_joel_robuchon.htm
Cha Xiu Bao was there, and tried it!
I must taste it to see whether it lives up to its reputation. The verdict? Yes. It was sensational. It looked luminous and it tasted insubstantial. With this sublime puree, even the black truffle and the white pigeon suddenly became supporting casts.
http://chaxiubao.typepad.com/chaxiubao/2004/11/latelier_de_joe.html
I can recommend you to go skating on the Eiffeltower Lisa :-)
Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I did have some wonderful meals at Cafe de Flore, La Crepe Rit du Clown, Bofinger and Le Grande Colbert.
My Eiffel Tower visit was on my last day there, at midnight, when it was really, really cold! It was all I could do to hold my camera without it shaking, let alone skate. :)
Post a Comment