With the holiday season upon us, I have been thinking a bit about my favorite gift ever. To be honest, I cannot recall if this was a Christmas gift--I may have received it for my birthday. But the gift I remember most clearly and that I loved the most was my Nancy Drew Detective Kit. 
I have searched and searched online and am unable to find a picture of this, but it was essentially a small detective kit, which included fingerprinting powder and brushes and other items that let a person be just as sleuthlike as Nancy Drew. I spent hours running around our house, yard and neighborhood working with this kit, dreaming of the day when I, too, would solve mysteries and make people's lives better in doing so.
Instead, I find myself defending employers in lawsuits brought by current or former employees, those who lie on their resume about flying fighter jets, who engage in consensual affairs then claim sexual harassment, who accuse a supervisor of discrimination when he finally reacts adversely to the employee's nitpicking that includes emailing their superior in another office that the supervisor has, once again, poured coffee in a plant. Here's hoping that in the new year, I will find myself sleuthing on the side of the Constitution and civil rights.
What is your favorite gift ever?
21 December 2005
Favorite gift?
Posted by Lisa at 8:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Lisa, I'm just saying hi. I found you on Dmitri's blog just now discussing capital punishment and added a few comments of my own. We agree.
I just read your post (on the other blog) about your San Francisco trip and became homesick. I recognize much of your photography although I retired and moved to the CA central valley 12 years ago.
Come visit my blog sometime. You'll find Scott, Lindsay, and Gary there occasionally as well.
Granny, thanks for visiting! I'm glad you enjoyed the SF photos. Most importantly, it is nice to find kindred spirits on issues that matter. I will definitely check out your blog!
Post a Comment