01 December 2005

Resolutions.

I thought I would get an early start on my New Year's Resolutions . . . perhaps because I'm planning to skip right over the end-of-the-year holidays, treating them as bonus days off work that permit my little jaunt to New York City.

Anyway, my resolutions are all designed to make me the architect of the life I would dream about if only I made time to do so . . . and include:

(1) I will make a concerted effort to stay in touch with friends . . . there are many very special people in my life and I simply do not do a good enough job of keeping up with them . . . and I love when I do catch up with them, like when I saw my various friends in Northern California over Labor Day.

(2) I will make choices that are good for me, with respect to food, and exercise, and dating. When I sense that someone or something is not good for me, I will run as fast as I can, instead of making excuses or leaving myself open to harm of any sort.

(3) I will make time in each week to work on my dreams . . . time to do the networking and volunteer work that will help make my work dreams come true, time to fix up my house and otherwise handle my affairs so that I am ready to move to New York as soon as I can find a way to make it happen, etc.

(4) I will do things that feed my soul, like engage in the hobbies (photography and writing) I love, spending time absorbing art and music, bonding with my dogs, traveling and reading books that make me think.

(5) I will continue to build on the good financial progress I made this year, saving money and avoiding debt so that I am in a position to make the life changes I crave.

(6) Last, but not least, I will do what I can to heal the relationships I have which are broken, with my family and others. I know my life will be richer for it.

These are just my off-the-cuff ideas. I wil continue to let this marinate.

0 comments: