No, I haven't finished my Paris posts.
No, I haven't finished my Arizona posts.
But yes, I am going out of town again this weekend!
And the reason for my excitement is not so much the destination (Austin, nice as that city may be) as it is the reason for the trip: the ACLU Conference on Civil Rights as Human Rights. I know I was meant to go to this conference, as I stumbled upon an ad for it last weekend. Registration was supposed to have closed weeks ago, but for some reason was still open, and I was able to sign up in time today just before they stopped accepting new attendees. And a friend of mine from Austin needs to stay at my house this weekend while participating in a bridge tournament; we'll have a "pad swap" in which I stay at his place in Austin, so I won't even have to pay for a hotel. Meant to be, I say!*
So, I will go, and learn, and meet people, and let them know I am serious about volunteering and, hopefully, working with them one day, if they will have me! It feels good to be doing something concrete to work toward my dream.
*The only down side is kenneling the dogs again. I already felt guilty and this only increased upon hearing the girl at the kennel say, "K and O?!!? They're regulars here and we love them!" So I guess I won't be going to Chicago next weekend for the Cubs/Cards game on Sunday. Anyone want my ticket?
29 March 2006
Exciting News!
Posted by Lisa at 9:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The ACLU conference will be really cool. And, you can make some contacts and do some networking too. Good plan.
Nice pic too. Is that Sedona?
Thanks, yes that is Sedona. I didn't want to leave that lovely place, where I was perched on a nice warm rock.
Post a Comment