what the typical big Texas law firm looks like? Here's one example:
Believe it or not, this is an advertisement for the law firm, found at Dallas Love Field Airport. I don't know what else to say about this.
In other law firm news, I have to wear an actual suit to work today, which is depressing. We are a business casual office, but I have an 8 am hearing and, of course, the Courts are not business casual. In a true act of rebellion, I will bring more comfortable shoes to change into after my court appearance.
Now that I'm on a roll of law-related updates, did you see the two important U.S. Supreme Court decisions issued yesterday? In one unanimous decision, the Court said that Anna Nicole Smith may continue to battle for her share of the estate of her elderly (now dead) husband, J. Howard Marshall. Here she is, celebrating with Justice Scalia and a friend:
(Just kidding!)
And in another unanimous (and probably more jurisprudentially important) decision, the Court found that a trial court cannot prohibit a criminal defendant from introducing evidence that a third party was actually responsible for his alleged crime based solely on the "strength" of the state's evidence. One would think this would be common sense, especially in a case like this, in which the defendant argued that he had been framed by the police. But then, common sense does not necessarily rule the day in South Carolina, apparently.
Off to court . . .
02 May 2006
Ever wondered
Posted by Lisa at 6:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Where's their cowboy hats? They call themselves Texans? I hate law firms that advertise.
Ugh to the billboard. I don't even know where to begin.
Common sense does not neccessarily rule the day in South Carolina. It is like Wonderland with a southern accent. I hated every minute of the six months I spent working there.
Post a Comment