What do you recommend?
(I typically go to the Angelika-Dallas or the Landmark Magnolia, both of which are on the list at the left of the linked page).
UPDATED: Okay, so I saw Friends with Money, which none of you recommended. My reasons for seeing it were twofold: (1) I was in the mood for a chick flick; and (2) it has been at the Magnolia longer than the other movies and I wanted to be sure to see it before it goes away. Much to my surprise, I found that I (at least, the I of late) was a featured character in the movie. I'll leave it to you to decide which character, as it is not something of which I am proud. The movie overall felt very familiar to me, like my favorite brown soft sweater that I love to pull around my shoulders in the winter time. Afterward, I had a fabulous dinner and two excellent margaritas. Sleepy now. But I promise I'll see all the movies you suggested very soon.
20 May 2006
I am determined to see a movie before this weekend is over.
Posted by Lisa at 9:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Well I would reccomend one of the comedies. Something you can just go and laugh at and have a fun time.
So I would say either American Dreamz, if you want to see a movie that makes fun of Bush, or Thank you for Smoking if you want to see one that makes fun of the tobacco lobby. Both seem to be pretty funny.
I second Thank You for Smoking. It was very funny. William H. Macy is brilliant as an uptight Senator from Vermont.
Both of those would be great, but I would go (and am hoping it comes here so I can) see Wah-Wah. You can see the trailer here:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/wahwah/
It just looks very funny and sweet. Plus, the people in it are amazing actors that I'd watch in anything. But then, I really like British films, so that's a little biased. Did you see "About a Boy"? The boy from that movie is in Wah-Wah.
Anyway, that's my vote. Enjoy, and we'll be waiting for a review.
That's another movie I'm interested in, so glad to hear a good review. I'm not a big Jennifer Aniston fan, but I really like the others in it.
Post a Comment