02 June 2006

Perspective

Before I let myself have a single moment of sadness or stress over things like the Cubs' imminent loss of this game or the fact that I have an awful lot of work to do this weekend, having missed work today and been wholly non-productive yesterday due to my illness, I have to mention this.

Have you read this? It is the blog of a family that thought they were sitting at their recovering daughter's bedside, only to learn this week that she died in the van wreck and that one of her fellow students was the recovering person for whom they had been caring. It is difficult to imagine a pain much greater than that.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Actually that blog creeps me the hell out. I have a funny feeling that it was set up to use as a book or something like that.

The first thing they thought of was a way to market that tragedy. Even without out the tragedy of the mix-up, they seemed to have been setting this up to get themselves some publicity. I know that's pretty cynical, even for me. But, it just has that feel to it.

With all the Bible quotes at the begining of each entry, I'm sure they will be on all the cable news channels soon enough. Especially FOX.

Lisa said...

Oh, Jay, you ARE cynical!! I really think the blog was their way to keep family and friends updated without having to talk about the issue 30 times a day. While the Bible quotes creep me out, I do not doubt that the family uses them sincerely. But I'm sure you're right about the Fox-types taking the story and trying to use it to their advantage.