08 July 2006

I am truly frightened.

You may recall my recent post on a church in Dallas that threatened a member and non-member having an affair with publication of the affair if they did not stop (short version). I was just looking for an update on the status of the resulting litigation and stumbled on this blog, where people posted their thoughts. Scroll down to the thoughts of Vince (last post), who claims to be a member of that church. His take on the matter scares the hell out of me. (Clarification: not because I am engaged in an affair--I am not--but because it shows the mindset of the religious right, which is super frightening to me).

3 comments:

Betty said...

It scares me, too. Some of these sects (I don't recognize them as legitimate churches)are only out to control other people in every part of their lives. This cannot be good. It becomes much more about control and less about religion. They are emotional terrorists. We should all be very afraid of them, and start lobbying to get some kind of control of our own over them.

Kell said...

Yep, that was scary alright. The quote that gave me shivers was that instead of "blackmail" he said it was "hold accountable to his profession as a Christian member of Watermark."

Lisa said...

Hey, Betty and Kell! Great minds (and mothers/daughters) think alike!