You could do that with Megan, a Chicagoland girl after my own heart. Megan began a round-the-world trip in 2004; the trip was cut short when her father became ill. She spent a bit more than one year at home and recently hit the road again. This blip from her explanation of "phase 2" of her trip explains a lot about her travel philosophy and why I like her without even knowing her:
To my mom's horror, I have decided to not only finish my original trip, but have added on a few other countries along the way. If I were to start where my original plan left off I would be going to Tibet first. It's impossible to fly to Tibet directly from Chicago so I would have had to fly from China. My reasoning is, that if I'm already adding China into Phase 2 I might as well add in Mongolia--it's right there! And to get to Tibet from Mongolia I could go along the Silk Road and take a little detour to Central Asia... and it snowballed from there.Check out her blog!
On another note, here are a few pictures from what was a really nice day yesterday:
My friend and her daughters, pre-parade:

The kids whose yard we watched the parade from:

Dog in a car!

All dressed up and no parade to watch (yet):

My favorite firework (I love blue):

5 comments:
I'm always a little jealous of folks that have the time, resources, and mental fortitude to travel or live in a foreign country for an extended time.
I like your pictures too. Was there a hose near that dog or was he trying to give the car a special slobber bath? :)
Very cool site. I love to vicariously travel. Thanks for pointing it out Lisa.
Thanks for the link to the great site. I keep telling myself, "One of these days . . . "
Great photos, too, as usual. The little girl with the streamers is too cute. That's an abandonment I need to rediscover in myself!
Those are great pictures Lisa. And, that's a great site. I will have to follow along with her on her journey.
Even if I had the resources to do that I wonder if I would. It's not easy to just up and head out on a trip around the world. I think I could do it. I'd like to try at least.
Fa, you have keen powers of observation! The dog had just been doused with a water bottle by its owner, in hopes of keeping him cool and hydrated.
Glad you all enjoyed Megan's site . . . I will definitely be traveling vicariously with her!
Post a Comment