14 April 2007

I feel as if I should be wearing a sweeping and lovely gown . . .

because I was just completely humbled upon seeing that Popeye has bestowed upon me this award after receiving it himself:



I enjoyed Popeye's summary of my blog as including writing about baseball, civil rights and law, and thought, "Man, I need to diversify a bit!" So I promise to write about something else soon . . . but first, I must name five others who are deserving of this award.

Popeye already honored J.D. for his blog and I'm thinking you faithful readers might like for me to point out five blogs you may not already know about (as so many of you know and visit each other's blogs!). So, I name (in no particular order):

Susan, who used to call her blog "The World's Most Dangerous Beauty Salon, Inc." and now calls it "Kiss My Big Blue Butt," which may give you a hint about how her politics and mine intersect . . . always entertaining and well-written!

Brian Dickie, who is the General Director of the Chicago Opera Theater and writes a really interesting blog about all things opera and opera-related.

Frog, who manages with her warm and low-key blog to make you feel as if you are one of the "small friends" she writes about.

Chris of Notes from the Trenches, who manages to write about her life with her seven--yes, seven!--children in a way that not only interest me, it makes me laugh and want to hang out and drink with her.

Wendy of Poundy, who is an excellent writer and gives me hope that yes, Virginia, there is the possibility of finding love after dating a Very Scary Guy Who Makes You Doubt Yourself.

I hope you will check out these wonderful blogs (but stop by here every now and again, because I would miss you people! :)

0 comments: