25 April 2007

Just a thought: As of today . . .

Number of people who died at Virginia Tech: 33

Total U.S. deaths in Iraq: 3333

Total U.S. wounded in Iraq: 24,313

Reported minimum number of civilians killed since our "intervention" in Iraq: 62,417

If I had actual spare time, I would research the percentage of daily news coverage dedicated to the Virginia Tech shootings versus the daily percentage dedicated to the Iraq war and the lies that led our innocent soldiers there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may not be completely relevant but I was wondering about average ages, too. One of the things people have focused on is their idealized concept of college and yound adults in college but so many of the US soldiers were the same age and so many of the cilvilian victims were so, so much younger. . .

Lisa said...

That is an interesting point, Popeye. I have also noticed that many of our dead and wounded from the Iraq ware are merely teenagers or, at best, in their very early 20's.