01 July 2007

Searching one's soul

Something happened last night that caused me to slow down and think. I can't talk about the specifics, but they probably are not that important anyway.

What is important is that before searching my soul, I had to locate it. I have never felt more out of touch with who I really am. I have never felt more out of control of my life. I have never felt more strongly that I must stop doing things that sabotage my effectiveness, happiness and well-being. Unbelievably, one aspect of last night's situation--running unexpectedly and improbably into an old friend who helped to make it so much better than it otherwise would have been--even made me seriously rethink my agnosticism. Miracles certainly will never cease.

I am not writing this so you all, kind-hearted people you are, can tell me not to be so hard on myself. In fact, I agree with you. One way to be less hard on myself is to stop doing things, or not doing things, that directly cause my life to be harder.

I spent all of today sleeping, thinking and freshening the one bit of the world I felt I had control over today: my bedroom/bathroom. I feel the need to slow down and do one thing at a time, think carefully and be true to myself. I will try very hard to do that during the busy work week, which is much harder than on a lazy, rainy Sunday.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Flower at Seattle's Volunteer Park Conservatory, by me, June 2007.

4 comments:

jd said...

Lisa, I hope you have a great week.

Marsosudiro said...

Peace and good to you, Lisa -- it sounds like you're getting some gifts.

Kell said...

This is really bizarre because I just had a conversation with myself about how I needed to get out of this slump and work on creating the world I want to live in rather than complaining about the one I'm in now. It's slow going, and like you I think I'm going to take it a step at a time (I started with laundry and cooking), and work up to some major issues I need to tackle. I think it's time.

I hope you're having a great week.

BTW, you're being too hard on yourself you wonderful person you ;-)

Lisa said...

Thanks, all, you are too kind. Kell, good luck to you with creating that world you want . . . I know you can do it!