This morning I was feeling paralyzed by indecision, a common phenomenon on my Saturday mornings, when I find myself wanting to squeeze as much pleasure as possible out of the weekend and wondering exactly where to start. I finally made myself leave the house and go to a place I rarely visit: the nearer-downtown, slightly more "edgy" version of Cafe Brazil, my once-a-weekend brunch place:
Cafe Brazil is a Dallas-based phenomenon--a place that serves good quality meals inexpensively in varied and casual settings. Sadly, my nearby Cafe Brazil has reduced its hours to brunch and lunch only, but this one is open around the clock. This location also offers free wi-fi, and I told myself I could write here as well as eat, which would be good for me.
I found that the change of scenery--the more urban setting, the more interesting people, the absence of screaming, running, crying children--was very conducive to relaxation and creative thought. Among other things, I have thought of some new topics to write about here and have some ideas concerning photography I'd like to do around town.
A number of Kinky Friedman (Independent hopeful for this year's Texas Governor's race) arrived, apparently taking a break from their efforts to obtain the petition signatures that will qualify him for a place on the ballot:
These folks stopped by my house earlier today and were nice enough to re-hang the wreath of sunflowers on my front door that the wind had blown down.
Sadly, the ladies' room here is out of order today, but the men's room offers this though-provoking quote, making it worth the slight inconvenience presented by the fear of using a typically-icky men's room:
11 March 2006
A change of scenery does wonders . . .
Posted by Lisa at 3:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Meet you in cafe Brazil Lisa..
Dang, now you know why men are so poetic after returning from the bathroom. Inspirational quotes and fine literature on the walls.
I'm sorry you couldn't make it, DA!
Ha ha, JD! Speaking of fine literature, the pages of the entire Saturday sports section of our local paper were posted above the back of the toilet . . . clearly indicating this is not typically a ladies' room, by their placement if nothing else.
Post a Comment