I spent the entire weekend monitoring my living room ceiling. I did this because it was pouring rain and the rain was pouring into my living room and I had to make sure the pots were strategically placed so as to minimize the damage to my hardwood floor. I pick fights every day, both for a living and in my never-ending struggle with the world. But for some reason, I haven't had the stomach to pick the fight I need to fight to solve this problem. Specifically, I should be suing the prior owner of the house, whom I later learned lied about the house having had water infiltration during his ownership. But I haven't yet stood up for myself in this fight.
Similarly, despite my vow to treat myself well and get into shape this year, I continue to make choices that are bad for me. I do this on a near-daily basis, especially when I have done something healthy like actually work out. It is quite clear that some other issue is at work here, something I need to figure out before I will ever emerge from this self-imposed fog.
The common theme here is that I feel like a big wimp. Which is ironic, because in my daily life, I am anything but. On the bright side, at least I can take pretty pictures:
19 March 2006
Don't read this if navel-gazing isn't your thing.
Posted by Lisa at 10:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You know, my dad was a lawyer. A small town country lawyer and he worked so hard as an advocate for his clients and stood up for people he thought were being wronged. But, when someone took advantage of him, he would just let it go. I always thought it was strange. Maybe there is something about spending all your time working so hard as an advocate for your clients, and being aggressive on their behalf, that you just don't want to be confrontational in your own life?
But, you gotta get that roof fixed! You could develope a mold problem. My roof in my apt. in San Antonio leaked right into my living room. (It was caused by maintenance when they put a new air conditioner on the roof). There were also mold problems. I have terrible allergies already and the mold almost killed me. Well, maybe I'm being a bit dramitic, but it was really aweful.
And, give yourself a break.
Thanks for the moral support, Jay, on all counts! That is very interesting about your Dad. He sounds like Atticus Finch, a really good man. Sadly, I am familiar with the mold problem . . . I already had one due to the leaks, and thought I had the leaks fixed, but it turns out I don't. But I am taking steps to fix them now and just knowing I'm making progress makes me feel better.
Yes, you do take pretty pictures! Much better than pretty--this one is gorgeous and has a such beautiful atmosphere to it.
And yoga in Sedona may be just what you need to inspire you (read the other post first). If anything, you'll get more beautiful pictures to share.
Thanks for the compliment, Kell! I was thinking today that the idea of the yoga is sounding better and better . . .
Post a Comment