12 March 2006

Mark Warner for President?

I'm not sure about that yet, though I do firmly believe that Hilary Clinton is unelectable, no matter now much she may be bullying the party faithful into silence on that topic. Today's New York Times contains an excellent story about Warner, the former Governor of Virginia, if you're interested in learning more about him.

If you thought 2004 was interesting, hold onto your hat for 2008!

Speaking of politics, why can't I laugh at W's jokes? Oh yeah, because he is an embarassment to our country.

Oh, and if there is only one thing you can volunteer to do in the world of politics, let it be in the area of voter truth/fair elections . . . from the Chris Bell (TX Dem. for Gov.) web site, this comment:

I'm sorry I didn't get to vote for you in the Primary. I went to the poll and they gave me a ballet and stamped my voter registration "Republican" without asking me.
(by a voter in Denton County, Texas) Here are some groups that would love nothing more than to use your energies to fight against this kind of thing:

National Committee for Voting Integrity

FairVote

Vote Fraud

America Votes

*******************************

In other news, this is how to host a real memorial service for the people: the Twins are opening the Metrodome with free parking, soda and water for all comers who want to honor the memory of Kirby Puckett tonight.

1 comments:

Jay said...

When the "anybody but Hillary" theme starts "Gov Nobody" as Mark Warner is known might be the "anybody". I don't know much about him other than for Democrat to win like he did in Virginia and be as popular as he is there, he must have something going for him.

It's still so early, but as of right now I'm still leaning toward the guy I wanted to be Kerry's running mate. Wes Clark. I'm also a huge fan of Rus Feingold, but am afraid he might be a bit too far to the left for most moderates. I know he will easily be portrayed as a "far left-wing nut" by Chris Matthews and the rest of the morons in msm.