20 March 2006

Travel planning fun!

In between rearranging pots under my house leaks this weekend, I made plans for my trip to Arizona. Travel planning is one of my favorite parts of a trip . . . I'm flexible with the plans once I arrive, but like to have a nice framework for the trip and options in place. Sometimes I think I enjoy the planning and looking forward to a trip almost as much as the trip itself!

I decided to attend baseball games on Saturday and Monday only, skipping the Sunday game. I'll arrive early Saturday morning and spend a few hours exploring downtown Scottsdale, finding my hotel, seeing if I can cajole them into early check-in, etc. Then I'll go to Ho Ho Kam Park, where the Cubs play, check out the place and see if I can snake a few player autographs before the game. After the game I'll go back to my hotel and relax a bit, perhaps taking a swim. Restaurant for dinner that night is yet to be determined--I really want to go to Don and Charlie's, but right now they appear to have no available reservations.



My Sunday will entail a day-trip to Sedona, which is about 2 hours north of Phoenix. I may stop on the way at a place that has African-style photo safaris, to photograph some wildlife. In Sedona, I plan to look around, partake of some of their mysticism (aura reading, anyone?) and perhaps attend a yoga class out in the wild on the red rocks the area is known for. There is horseback riding, a jeep tour of the natural rock "vortexes" at sunset that permits time for photography, and an astronomy outing after that. Yes, this is a lot to squeeze into one day, and I'm sure I'll whittle down the choices quite a bit.



On Monday, I'm sure I'll want to sleep in a bit following a long day in Sedona, perhaps having breakfast by the pool, perusing the paper and lolling in the sun a bit before packing and heading to the ballpark for one last game: Cubs v. White Sox.



I can't wait!

3 comments:

Kell said...

Sedona is awesome! It's worth how ever long you can stay and whatever you can do. We've only driven through, but we're always planning to go back.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Arizona (as well as your living room) got some rain so there should finally be some wildflowers in bloom. I also find planning the trip almost as much fun as going. Enjoy your stay.

Lisa said...

Thanks, Kell, I'm glad to have the extra encouragement to go there!

JD, thanks for the good wishes. I'll keep an eye out for those wildflowers!