As you know, my day began very early today at the courthouse. I arrived well before my hearing time and was able to admire the view of downtown Dallas from the newly-built wing of the courthouse. You see, there were no windows of any kind from the waiting areas in the old courthouse, but this new wing sports a wonderful glass wall.
You may have heard of this "Kennedy Assassination" that happened in Dallas? Well, this is a view of the Kennedy Memorial (the white thing to the bottom right corner of the photo), which is Dallas' apology for that event:
Turning westward, we have a nice view of "Old Red," the long-ago (i.e., well before my time) former courthouse for Dallas, which is built in a very interesting architectural style and is now being renovated to serve as a convention and visitors' bureau (I believe), among other things:
Peeking out behind Old Red is the Texas Schoolbook Depository, which you also may have heard about in history class (or an Oliver Stone movie).
And, to conclude our tour, you will see the lesser-known half of the grassy knoll, that on which Kennedy was not traveling at the time of his assassination:
And now, sixteen hours later, I am wrapping up a long day of work, gazing at this piece of "art" on my wall and dreaming of moving I'll-bet-you-can guess-where:
02 May 2006
The beginning and end of a very long day.
Posted by Lisa at 11:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have taken my mother to Dallas one time. She stood on the sidewalk in front of the schoolbook depository and swapped conspiracy theories with some guy. We didn't have time to go in or do much else.
Also, wayyyyyyyy back in they day, when I was in college (the first time) and attended the old Southwest Conference basketball tournament in Dallas, my friends and I sat on the grassy knoll and drank beer before heading on to Reunion Arena. We were experiencing history in our own way.
If you need a roommate, I dream of moving to you-know-where too. But, you're much closer to being able to do that than me. haha
Jay, why is that so far away for you? I'll bet you could easily find work in NY!
Hype, thanks for visiting!
Post a Comment