23 May 2006

Meet me, the Law-Practicing Robot.

Yes, right now my main mission in life is to bill by the hour, for as many hours as I can. Many, many depositions and other fun law-related tasks lie between me and the end of June. Accordingly, this weekend isn't looking too promising on the fun front, except for:

(a) Saturday night, when I babysit my friends' three girls while they go to a wedding--apparently, I am expected to come up with fun activities for the evening--so far I have games like "Lets Toss Knives," "Lemon Sucking Extravaganza" and "Who Can Repair Lisa's Living Room Ceiling More Quickly" in the hopper (I KID, I KID!); and



(b) Sunday night, when I take Kip the Dog to the Rangers game (yes, you heard me correctly).



(Kip is on the left)

In other news, if you missed it, the Cubs played the White Sox (AKA "Bitch Sox," which really requires no explanation if you saw the games) this weekend, in what is always a heated matchup between cross-town rivals. This was the first such regular-season matchup since the Bitch Sox won the World Series last year. There are only two things you need to know about that: (1) on Sunday, the Cubs beat the Bitch Sox; and (2) on Saturday, Cubs catcher Michael Barrett punched Bitch Sox Catcher AJP (his name is too difficult to spell) after AJP barrelled into him, knocking him over, then slapped home plate like a little child and lumbered menacingly in the direction of Barrett for no apparent reason, which punch kicked off a brawl in the best tradition of professional baseball. And if you missed that brawl, you should definitely not miss this reenactment of it, in Legos, which reflects the true artistry of Batgirl, a Minnesota Twins fan after my own heart.

6 comments:

Jay said...

You left out other fun games like "how clean can we get my car" and "how oraginized can we get my closet" and many weeds can we pull from my yard". LOL Hey, tell them to make themselves useful

And this may come as no surprise to you, but I have a different take on who the Bitch is in the Barrett/AJP thing. Barrett sucker punched him and is a punk. The play by AJP was 100% clean and legal, even Dusty Baker said as much. Of course, I don't really care much cause I hate the Sox. A LOT! haha

DA said...

Dang, I suspected my (female) lawer to be like that during my divorce..:-(( You just confirmed it...

Jenn said...

You have converted me to the cult of Bat Girl.

I must confess, I enjoy a good sports brawl. Especially one that clears the benches.

Have fun with the girls. J's young nephew and nieces like to play "Let's Exhaust Kitty" and "Let's See How Long we Can Hold it Because the Toliet Water is Blue".

Lisa said...

Brett: thanks for the fun posting idea (the well is rather dry these days)!

Jay: Despite the slant of my post, I agree that Barrett shouldn't have punched him. But that doesn't mean it didn't feel great, for Barrett and half the other guys in the league (vicariously).

DA: Wow, learned something new about you! But seriously, the billing is all for work that truly needs to be done, not billing for billing's sake!

Jenn: Glad you're liking the Batgirl--we female sports fans need to stick together!

littlemikemack said...

Lovely girls. Long story (try to be short).
Place: Tulsa
Specific: Youth Baseball Tournament
Coach: "hey let's go to the minor league game tonight, it's 50 cent dog night"
All: sounds great
Arrive at park to see hundreds of canines.
Turns out to be fund raiser for SPCA, bring your dog out to the game for a 50 cent donation to SPCA.

End of story, have a great day

Lisa said...

Fun story, thanks for visiting, Mike!