After I summoned the courage to just be myself and spend time getting to know some of the many fascinating people at my conference, I had a blast. The weekend also included an excellent catching-up session with friends who moved to Virginia this spring. Sadly, I will have to write more about everything after I catch up at work.
In the meantime, though, I hope you enjoy this picture of Tai Shan, the youngest Giant Panda Bear at the National Zoo, a male who was born last summer amid much fanfare:
If you want to see more of him, check out the zoo's web page, with its super-cool Panda Cam (scroll down a bit to see the live cam).
17 October 2006
Deep breaths
Posted by Lisa at 10:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You changed your template again! I can't keep up! haha
I really want to go back to D.C. and I really want to go to the national Zoo.
Hey! The Cubs hired Sweet Lou! I think that will make a huge differennce, but only if the Tribune company will pony up and pay for decent players. But, they'll be better anyway with Lou. And maybe he won't ruin all the young arms. Then again, he might leave after only one year to go to the Yankees.
Glad you got over your shyness and had a good time. Good for you! And the panda is just so darn cute.
Good news! Happy it was fun. Welcome home.
Hey, Jay--yes, I believe the creator of my last template somehow became defunct. I first noticed that my stripes went away, then my link to their site went away, then their site was gone altogether. I grew tired of the plain gray and brown and struck out in search of something else. I long for a bit more color than you will find here, but this new template will do for now. I want to get back to D.C. as well, as I haven't been able to see nearly what I would like to see in my two visits there.
Thanks, Kell and Popeye!
Post a Comment