I worked late last night and then stayed up all night (what was left of it, anyway) so as not to miss my 7:00 a.m. flight this morning. And now I am posting this from Chicago, where sadly, I am not yet able to check into my hotel (though the delightfulness of the front desk staff makes up for that). The one piece of work I had to do this morning has been completed, so I'm stashing my bags and heading to the ballpark.
Not just any ballpark, of course: Wrigley Field. While Wrigley is always a beautiful place to be, there is something extra special about my first visit there in each baseball season. This is my version of a cathedral, I guess. The place will be even more energized than usual today, as the HATED ST. LOUIS CARDINALS ARE IN TOWN. (Take that, Jay!) Wish my team luck . . . and if you see a girl with a massive Nikon camera obsessively taking pictures, that may very well be me!
20 April 2007
Time for the soothing panacea that is baseball
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I've only been to Wrigley three times (first time was when Harry was still around) and I'm really not all that big of a Cubs fan, but DAMN does Wrigley kick ass.
THAT is baseball.
Too bad the Cubbies are havin' a tough year. Hope they heal up soon.
Have fun at the game!
"the HATED ST. LOUIS CARDINALS ARE IN TOWN. (Take that, Jay!)"
Umm .. exqueeze me .. I believe that shoud read "THE WORLD CHAMPION ST. LOUIS CARDINALS"
;-)
I was looking at the National League Central standings in our local Idaho paper the other day. I wanted to see how the Reds were doing, and knowing you were a Cubbies fan I went looking for their record too. Nothing. They weren't listed in the NL Central so I checked the other divisions, thinking perhaps there had been a change I wasn't aware of. Still nothing. Apparently, in the minds of our local paper, your beloved Cubs no longer exist.
Steve, I am glad to know you recognize paradise when you see it.
Jay, I have nothing to say to you. ;P
JD, your local paper apparently has great insight! You should ask them for stock tips or lottery numbers.
Post a Comment