13 October 2005

Oh my God.

The world is ending. How do I know this, other than the reasons set forth below with respect to the Chimp's "accomplishments" while in office? I know this because I just read a column written by Ann Coulter, Satan Incarnate, and agreed with every word she wrote about the nomination of Harriet Miers for the U.S. Supreme Court. This is so troubling to me that I am not sure I can go on . . . must ponder whether life is still worth living.

UPDATE: Okay, I have found a way to go on living. After rereading Coulter's article, I realize that I disagree with one of her points--that not going to a top law school should be an automatic strike against a Supreme Court nominee. There are a variety of reasons why incredibly smart people do not attend top law schools. Among them are finances and the lack of prodding and/or information that would lead them to apply, due to being from a family that knows nothing about such things. So long as I can continue to differ from Coulter in some way, even one as small as this, I can feel that life is worth living. Whew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

for all you know, your post of 10-3-05 dealing with miers and justice o'connor was the inspiration for ann's column. she may very well be a faithful reader of yours; don't toss in the towel just as you are on the verge of gaining new and powerful converts to your way of thought !!

Lisa said...

dc, you are clearly an optimistic person! Thanks for the encouraging words.