18 October 2007

New Friends

So I'm at a client's conference for their key outside lawyers who do what I do. It's sort of an odd scenario, in which those of us who compete for their business are all thrown in a room together for about 24 hours of meals and conference-y stuff. However, the conference was great and I learned a lot and enjoyed spending time with my client. But perhaps most surprising to me is that I made some great friends among the competitors I met at this conference, guys with whom I think I will truly keep in touch.

It seems like after a certain age, you stop expecting that you'll make new friends everywhere you go. When you meet kindred spirits with whom you can have stimulating conversation, it is a pleasant surprise.

We stayed downstairs talking for way later than we should have and I'm now debating whether to sleep at all before trying to catch my 6:00 a.m. flight.

0 comments: