I was chatting today with my friend Beth, and we struck upon the perfect title for a new children's book: "Your Mama is a Whore." Don't ask how we came up with it . . . it's a long, long story and I'm not even sure I could fully reconstruct how whatever we were discussing circled around to this book idea. But we giggled like there was no tomorrow at the pure genius of it. We're thinking of marketing the masterpiece to the Jeff Foxworthy-loving crowd.
This also reminded me of something that happened while I was in high school. With it being the 80's and all, I was quite fond of the hair perm:
Because perms were so expensive and I received them so frequently, I struck upon the idea to receive mine from a local hair school's student-run salon. (Ironically, my friend Beth is now the manager for this very chain of hair schools). While whiling away the time in a stylist's chair there one day, I heard a small boy seated in the chair next to mine announce that he wanted all of his hair shaved off. His stylist, stunned, checked to see if she had heard him correctly: "Did you say you want it all shaved off?" Said the boy: "Yes, my mommy says that will look great for next Saturday, when I'm going to be the ring bearer in daddy's wedding."
I don't know what made me think of this in conjunction with the children's book title idea . . .
08 October 2005
A new best-seller in the children's literature market.
Posted by Lisa at 4:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
pivot point, possibly? daughter number 2 graduated from same in 2001. a fine institution.
and just think- you could probably get jeff foxworthy to write the intro for the book, go on the oprah show and good morning america to promote it, and then end up in judge judy's court when you and your friend wrangle over who came up with the title? fame and fortune are such excellent things!!
You are chock full of marketing ideas, dc! Thanks. Actually, the school isn't pivot point, but a similar place. Glad your daughter received a fine education there!
Post a Comment